Ketan Daga，studied at Royal Group Of Institutions
India is a nuclear power.
100%Chinese teritory is withing range of Indian missiles.
Ankit Mishra，lives in India
Of course it can.
But it wouldn’t，because it’s not stupid.There’s simply no reason for it to attack India，so it wouldn’t do so just to cause thousands of deaths on both sides.
You don’t need to know about their relative military strengths，etc to understand that they can’t attack each other，I don’t either，but I do know that China won’t attack India，because，as I said，China isn’t stupid.That’s it.
Ripunjoy Gogoi，works at Indian Institute of Technology，Kanpur
China can but they are taking time.China is trying to show the world that China gave enough time to the Indian forces for withdrawal.If suppose China starts a military offensive and are able to clear the area by imparting heavy casualties on the Indian side，it would be a clear victory for them yet at the same time China’s image would be clearly dented.Countries around China might get super suspicious of their activities specially with the One Belt One Road（OBOR）programme.China is currently investing heavily on the OBOR.There is one more issue，that is what if the Indian army is able to thwart Chinese offensive and are able to stand their ground forever.It may clearly hurt China even more as it will surely bring question mark to their emerging”super power”status.But clearly，both side should try to avoid further escalation.China should be sensitive to the concerns of Bhutan and India.They should also show some respect towards Indian military prowess.They cannot keep India in the same bracket along Vietnam，Philippines，Myanmar，Laos or Malaysia.India is quite stronger，bigger and mightier than these countries.Things may escalate soon after BRICS meeting between India and China if India rejects China’s terms and conditions which I think India has to（sincethey dug themselves deep in to it，and can’t pull back now）and I personally feel India should.
Better stay tuned and stop asking for war.At best there might be skirmishes with heavy casualties on both side.I don’t see clear cut victory for China this time.They might face fierce resistance from this Indian army of 2017.
What kind of question is that？Why would China want to attack any country？Or why would you want China to attack someone？
Since you asked the question，here’s my answer.
China can attack India.Yes，it can.However，it has nothing much to gain by attacking us right now while there’s so much more to lose especially in terms of financial and economic progress.
There’s no enmity between the nations，any war will definitely create it and force China to invest heavily in defending its southern borders when all it wants to do is invest in economic activities that will improve its standard of living
China started expansion during great china wall.Every wall was pushed further.China is still doing that.China finds this philosophy Ok and is perplexed when others oppose，this philosophy.China has always invented and discovered various gadgets but never produced quality product.I was second world war and its after effect that china started capturing areas specially Tibet and southwards.Weak nations and very scares population helped china in expanding.China succeeded in annexing areas of Kirghystan，Pakistan，Mongolia，etc.smart and small armies have always won battle.China lacks this.Indian History is full of all wars where small moghul，British forces have won.Small Israeli army have always won.China has aggressive mode，propaganda and rogue friends like North Korea and Pakistan.But lacks reason，nationalist feeling，smartness，technological support，which India have.China has illegally copied Chinese aircrafts.Since China lacks many essentials to win war，It will not dare to attack India.
Besides there are other Political and economical factors which prevent any country now a days to enter in to war with other country.
Ritesh Kumar, works at Students
1. as somebody already said lack of defender to attacker ratio of 1:3. now add to it the logistics problem which the chinese will face to maintain their forces due to the greathimalayas. further the himalayas also renders their heavy armor useless as they can’t be brought to this side of himalayas. let alone maintaining a numerical superiority, they will even struggle to match the numbers of indian military 1:1.
2. possession of strategic nukes. both countries possess substantial numbers of nukes to render each other useless for atleast other 100 years. now who wants that?
3. bussiness relations, too much to lose for both india and china. it can be said another form of mutually assisted destruction.
4. india is not the only country that has a border dispute or other kinds of disputes with china. there is russia, vietnam, japan, and other 18 countries having border dispute with china. add to this list usa that sees china as a direct threat to its interests in south china sea. they are much more hostile to china than india. infact india and china have cooperated in many fields on various stages. nato and its allies and even russia is waiting for beijing to commit such a blunder to justify their attack on china.
in short there is nothing to gain for both the countries from this war. imagine 1/4th of humanity engaging in a war unto death with every weapon possible to imagine. not a good sight, is it?
Lalit Bajpai, works at Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
1. China has invested huge amount of Money in India. You can see around you that most of the Mobile companies in India this time are Chinese like Oppo, Vivo, Lenevo etc. Even the IPL is being sponsored by these companies. Most of the Ultra mega power plants in India run on Chinese technologies. So china will never take a risk.
2. Chinese economy runs on Production, Manufacturing and export. If they do full fledged war with India. there economy would be crippled. They would lost the Biggest market like India and that causes huge loss and unemployment to overpopulated country like china. Already China has gone through the Internal Civil war.
3. China knows, India is Largest importer of Arms in the world, so there would be some strategy behind this.
4. India has support of USA and Israel. Also it maintains the Good relationship with Russia.
France has added Rafale jet to India’s Air defense
5. India has nuclear weapons, which could use it at last stage in case Pakistan and china attack simultaneously.
6. India has good bond with its neighbor other then arch rival Pakistan. On the other hand china has land and sea border issues with all its neighbors.
7. US-India-Japan holding the Naval Exercise in bay of Bengal. which china taking as the war preparation.
8. US will never want china dominance in the Asia. so it will definitely favor India to counter balance it.
9. Indian Army always prepared and ready to face the war situation any time as it has another enemy Pakistan who do cross border attacks every time and keen to opportunity.
10.China and India has largest population in world.if they would fought the war.their would bea lot of loss of human life both civilian and military.The United nations would do its best to stop the war in between India and china sighting all this.
Tanmai Rai,B.A. Economics, University of Delhi(2020)
Well there are a lot of reasons to begin with. First when China will attack India, any and every help may be welcomed on the Indian side, meaning a potential posting of US troops on the Indian soil(something which the Chinese may never want).
It’s ally Pakistan may not declare a war as it is politically very unstable right now(the last president resigned when corruption charges were proved against him)
The Russians may not support China as India is a older friend (and most importantly we buy weapons worth billions of dollars from them)
This would also mean entry of India(the Indian Navy) into the south China sea dispute, which is already a pain in the ass for the Chinese.
The CPEC(China Pakistan economic corridor ) may and will defenatily suffer. China has invested hugely and hence may not want to risk it.
Terrain advantage. Many locations and posts on the Indian side are well defended naturally and hence would give huge advantage of location to the Indian army.
Global outrage. If China attacks India, the other countries(countries like the USA and Eu)would get an excuse to impose sanctions and trade restrictions to China, and that will economically choke the red dragon.
In this time and age, any country attacking another is going to start an all out war. That having been said, here are some other reasons:
1. China is looking for a place in the Indian Market, attacking India would jeopardize all efforts made by China.
2. China is currently facing the brunt of allegations of helping North Korea. No country will want to support China.
3. Any war could escalate into a nuclear war.
4. China is a p5 member of the UN. China attacking India would result in the revoking of their membership.
5. There will be major sanctions against China which would affect their trade, not only with India, but with most of the world.
6. Although China’s military is stronger than India’s, India will receive troops from the Military Staff Committee of the UN. Additionally, India will get help from US and Japan, who are currently participating in military operations with India in the South China Sea. This willtip the scales in India’s favor.
That being said, China isn’t stupid enough to attack another country for no reason
SUNDARAM，ASSISTANT MANAGER at Allahabad Bank（2017-present）
Just think two developing country.both are devloping by leaps and bounds.is any one ofthem stupid enough to put their country on war.As said by mao，a war throw a country 25 years back，both countries know it and this is the one and only reason china can’t attack india or vice versa
It is not so complicated，India China border issue is extremely complex and will not be solved anytime soon.All India wishes is that we maintain the status quo along the currently manned borders and not take up activities can make either parties insecure about their safety.In India we see how China deals with territorial disputes it has with other countries.Militaristically we are no match for them，plus as an open democracy we will never be able to act in a manner as decisive as a Communist powerhouse of a nation.As a country we have some serious internal issues to take care of and we request China to not introduce external complications into the mix.
Chinese civilization is beautiful and well respected in India.China has made its way out of poverty，India is in the process of doing so，albeit through a slower process.
Kewal Nadgir, Business Analyst at Societe Generale (2014-present)
This is not 1962!!! Remember it’s the era MODI.
The moment you broke out a war, Chinese Economy is down drastically. Yes, Oppo, Vivo, Huawei, Lenovo, Xiomi… Electronic items are enough to stop and give mini heart attack to Chinese Economy. Not only electronic, coming to the Plastic industry, Agriculture, Clothing, will have a huge Impact.
I am not saying India won’t be affected but for this it affects the seller the most than theconsumer. There is no way need to recover the Invested money. India is a big Infact big market for China because of Population. There will also be International disturbances when there is War like situation between two of the greatest economies. The recovery is very difficult.
I wish Make in India, Start up India, Stand up India, Skill Program gets a huge space so that if ever possible a war like situation we won’t be affected.
India is a peace seaker that doesn’t mean you can enter into my Doklam Territory.Otherwise we need to remind 1967 and 1969 Nathula Battle.
Nihal Singh，20 years in teaching line and influencer
Because China can’t afford the war with India nor can India.War means stopping everything production and export.If the daily activities stop then China and India have to huge loss ofbillions.Because both the countries have to sport billions of labourers and workers.So going for a war prove fatal for any country in the world
War must be joke.China is a country concentrated only in eastern part，not like India which is distributed across the country，as well as military stations.on the top of it India has more than a lakh soldiers of hemalayan region.one step near to Tebet China will be as small as Pakistan
Akash Agnihotri，Religion wale column mein hum INDIAN likhtey hain
Because war in todays scenario will mean mutually assured destruction（mad），with both countries capable of nuclear attacks.Also Chinese have a diplomatic policy of maintaining hostile relations with its neighbours，by keeping them occupied in territorial dispute.So don’t worry there wont be any major war between these two gaints any time soon